Thursday, November 6, 2008

Top secret project revealed! (4 pics)

My mother received the top secret project today so I can tell you guys about it now. Woo hoo!
I stitched Lynne Nicoletti's "Wedding Envelope" in honor of my parents' 46th wedding anniversary. I made the postmark their actual wedding date and I made the price of the stamp 4 cents, just like it was in November of 1962. The really cool thing I did with this envelope is that I used a very special Thread Gatherer silk floss for their names...the same floss used in a project for my late, great Aunt Linda -- a project my mother now owns and cherishes. :)
Here's the front of the envelope:

And here's the back:

Here is the back of the envelope with the flap open so you can see the lining fabric:

Here's one of the sides: (which I did stitch by hand, thankyouverymuch! LOL)

I, um, have a confession to make. There have been several new additions to my 4" Gingher family. *hee hee* Sarah has joined us and Roberta is (finally!) on her way. Today, Gloriana was welcomed to the family, too. Hiiiiiiiiii, Gloriana! Woo hoo! I will post pictures soon because I would rather let Roberta arrive first and get a picture of the whole happy family. I loooooooooove my Ginghers! I do use them, too. It's a ton of fun and gives me great pleasure to switch out Ginghers to use on various projects. I like to try and make the scissors match whatever project I am working on. Plus, matching scissors to projects helps feed my borderline OCD. HAHAHAHA!

Hope everyone is going to have a great Friday and that the weekend will allow us all some frog-free stitching time. Speaking of frogs...has anyone seen my frog fob? I can't find it. *scratching head*




7 comments:

tkdquintmom said...

That is awesome looking! Feel free to 'dump' your scissors my way! LOL

Gloria said...

The stitching and finishing on the mail art is beautiful. I love it and will cherish it always. Thank you so much!

btw...is there a reward offered for the missing frog fob? :)

LoriRay said...

Gloria/Mom (aka: Frog Fob Thief): No reward for you! No flags! More flags! More fun!

Cindy F. said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Jane said...

What beautiful stitching. I am sure they are thrilled with it.

Mistylynn said...

LoriRay check my blog. You have been nominated for award.

LoneStar said...

Hmmm....I think I might have seen your frog fob recently....

Maybe in central Texas? And the owner swears it was a gift...

Lisa (Texan)