Saturday, November 10, 2007

Finally! Lots of pictures, as promised...

Well, I was going to post these pictures and updates last weekend but my husband decided to shoot himself in the thumb with a BB gun on the same day my 11-yr-old son was suffering from strep throat. I thought it was rather inconvenient for my family to schedule their mishaps and illnesses when they knew I was trying to update my blog. ;-) Brad (the trigger man) and Cody (the strep kid) are all better now so let's try this again.

Here is the picture of The Silver Lining purple iris my mother stitched for me. She did a fantastic job, and over one! It now hangs on my bedroom wall where I see it and admire it every day. :)


Didn't she do great? I love it! My favorite flower is the purple iris and it goes perfectly with the other things in my bedroom.

Next is a little tuck pillow my mother stitched for me from a Paula Vaughan design. It sits atop my standing jewlery box where I get to enjoy it every day. You will see a crocheted doily underneath the pillow. I didn't make that -- I can't crochet to save my life!

Here is a picture of my work-in-progress (WIP) of Heart In Hand's "Mother's Wisdom". I have chosen the first ten charts and decided to stitch them on one piece of 32-count linen over one. There is a quarter in the picture so you can see just how teeny one finished rectangle is:I do love over-one stitching but I'm really slow and couldn't do it without my OTT-Lite that has the 3X magnifier attached. I get some good progress done under the magnifier, pull my work out from underneath it to see the stitches regular size, and then say to myself, "Where the hell did it go???" LOL! The plan is to stitch all ten patterns on one piece of fabric (five in one row and the other five in a row below that), then get it framed and hang it on the hall wall between the boys' bedrooms.

The next picture is of my Town Square afghan WIP. This has got to be the slowest project in the world. I keep putting it down to do other stitching. I swear it will be finished one day! There is even a spot reserved on one of the living room walls just for this afghan. I have a wooden quilt rack thing that hangs on the wall, and the afghan would drape/hang over a rod on the rack. Make sense? Anyway, here it is so far:

Next is a picture of a really quick finish. It's Pine Mountain's "Snowman Face" tuck pillow kit. I think it took a whopping 10 minutes to stitch. LOL! Regardless, it's still a finish and sits with the other snowman stuff I leave out year 'round.


Now for the WIP update on the Lizzie Kate Flip-Its (the year's series that begins with F-34). I've mentioned these - and perhaps included a picture - in a previous blog entry. These are done on one piece of fabric which is 28 count Tattersall (Graziano). The white borders are woven in. Here is January and February with the beginnings of March:


Another recent finish is the MKT/Katy Railroad logo for my uncle as part of his Christmas stuff this year. He worked many years for Katy Railroad and I think he'll like this:





Last, but not least, are the Birds I stitched for my mother. I finally framed it and here it is:


Well, that's all the pictures I've been promising. Hope you all enjoyed looking at them as much as I enjoy stitching them.

Last note -- Radiology school is still going strong. I do love working at the hospital, dealing with the patients...everything. It's a great journey and I'm usually in the top 3 of my class. I just wish I had more stitching time. ;-)


6 comments:

Bronzemom said...

Love the photos, LoriRay! And kudos to your mom, too!

Barb said...

Those are beautiful. Great job on them.

Carolyn said...

YOU GO GIrl!!! I LUUUURVE all your stitching, and there is tons of it. Thanks for posting. I hear about them, but it's always so nice to see them.

I'm so proud of you.

Love,
Carolyn :)

Cyndi said...

I love all the finishes and the WIPs. I'm also working on a one-over-one, and really like the look of it. What's a 10-25-50 challenge? Give me details and I might join you!

LoriRay said...

Hi Cyndi! :)

Thanks for asking about the 10/25/50 challenge. In short, you commit to finish either 10, 25, or 50 projects before buying any more stash except what you need to get by (like floss). It's sort of tough at times, but I did the challenge for a few months and was amazed at the money I didn't spend.

You ought to try it with me. I'm almost ready to start and might start putting my 10/25/50 list together on my blog this weekend.

Stay tuned! ;-)

Len said...

Hi LoriRay, I do counted cross stitch. I have done the MKT logo as well as the Frisco and Burlington Route. I finished a passenger train I lettered as the MKT. I am working on another train and a MKT locomotive.
Len