Saturday, January 24, 2009

No pictures yet...

...but I just finished stitching "What Cancer Cannot Do" for a friend who is battling breast cancer. It's hot off the Q-snaps -- wrinkles and all -- so I don't want to post a picture yet. Plus, I hope to get to Hobby Lobby next week and buy some pink ribbon fabric. My plan is to make a wall hanging / tuckable banner-type thing out of the finished piece. Problem is, Mother Nature is most likely going to give us some ice for Monday through Wednesday. Ewwwwwww. No trip to Hobby Lobby 'til that's over and done with.

I fell off the wagon but it's okay -- I consider what I bought "allowable purchases". LOL! One chart was purchased from a friend and I agreed to buy it before I went on the wagon. She finished stitching it and got the chart mailed off to me, so I had to pay for it. It's the "In Love" pattern from the Vervaco kit. I just love that! Anyway, the other purchase I made was off eBay for Bucilla's "Wildly Western" kit. I thought I had all the Tall Guys patterns from the Holiday Sparrow series of them but discovered that kit on eBay. I'd never seen that before! Now it's on its merry little way to my mailbox and then on to my stash closet to be stored with all the other Tall Guys. :-)))

I've got to catch up on everyone else's blog, stitch another ornament, and get a small thing done in order to keep my goals for the month. Technically, I have one ornament done for January but I really finished it in December...so I gotta get another one done. Besides, it'll be one more ornament in my collection, right? Woo hoo!

Hopefully everyone has been doing great. We've been crazy-busy here but at least I've managed a little stitching time. If we do get that icy weather then I'll just stay home, put a roast in the over or a stew on the stove, and stitch my little heart out while the boys play the Wii. Well, that is, assuming my 13-yr-old does his math homework and doesn't get grounded again. Ohhhhhhhh, SNAP! Anyway, keep that frog away and happy stitching! :-)

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I give you permission to fall off the wagon! You deserve it to celebrate your one year of non-smoking!!

I LOVE your Pine Mountain finish and the needleroll your Mom stitched for you is adorable. Thank you for the sweet words, and I'm so glad to see it in your home. :)

Hugs,
Carolyn :)

Chiloe said...

Wagon should not be allowed !!! lol

BTW, I couldn't find a pic of your new kit on Google. Hope you'll show us a pic soon !!! ;-)

Pam said...

I triedto get on that wagon, but I fell off almost as quickly as I got on! LOL!! I really have to do better with that.

Pam

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on your finish!

I am so NOT looking forward to this weeks weather. Why can't it just snow here for once? Why,oh why does it HAVE to be ice AGAIN? ***pouts***
>^..^<

tkdquintmom said...

OMG when I first read that you fell off the wagon I got worried that you went and had a (forgive me)...smoke! Thank goodness it's just the 'other' wagon. You deserve to treat yourself for not taking the 'smoke'. :-)

Barb said...

I don't concider that falling off the wagon. I look forward to seeing picture of your piece.