Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Insomniac ramblings again...

Yikes! I let too much time slip by since I last blogged so here goes a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to post. If you read all of this, stay interested, and manage to remain semi-awake, I will bow at your feet upon our next meeting. ;-)

The most important thing to report is that Brad's surgery was a major success! The one large lipoma turned out to be a bunch of small ones. I have no clue if that's good or bad but the surgeon got them all so it doesn't really matter. Yay! He's healing very well with the minor exception that one very small spot is still seeping a teeny amount of blood (like the size of a pin head) but that's it...nothing to call the doctor about at this time. He goes back to the doctor on June 19th to have the sutures removed. Meanwhile, we'll just keep an eye on the incision site. Not hard to do considering it's basically eye-level on his neck. LOL!

Some exciting stitching news (for me, anyway) is that some fabric I ordered from Cross Stitch Haven in Oklahoma City has arrived at their shop. I need to call them tomorrow (er, today) and give them my credit card info so I can get that fabric in my hot little hands. I don't even know the name of the fabric but I saw some models stitched on it and fell totally in love. It's 28 count and I'm not even sure if it's linen or evenweave. How sad is that?!?!? Ha ha ha ha!!! It's got these squares woven in and my LK and BC monthly square patterns will fit perfectly in those squares. It's a neutral color, like a tan, and I just can't wait to get that fabric! *drool drool*

I've been in a "nice" mode lately. I'm trying really hard to be extra-nice to people, both in real life and in cyber life. Why? I don't know for sure. I think my motivation stems from something like a "root for the underdog" kind of thing but on a much deeper level, probably much deeper than even I realize. Regardless, it doesn't hurt anyone. :)

My list of things-to-do is bigger than ever. I have roughly nine weeks left before school starts and still I have a ton of things to do. Tomorrow I will start knocking out some things on my list but I must begin by first writing them down. I'll mark them off as I go so that I can see some accomplishments being made.

I MUST make another date to attempt quitting smoking again. I'm thinking next Monday. (Warning: This blog might get really foul then because I'm sure everyone in the world will piss me off. It won't have anything to do with me being grouchy or irritable, I'm sure.) *hee hee* I wonder if my "nice mode" will suffer. hahahahaha

Why am I wanting to start so many damn projects right now??? I already have five WIPs yet it's a daily fight to not start something new. The Sub, Bluebonnets, MH kit, my afghan, and my all-but-forgotten-about Snapperville is plenty for now, right? Yet I'm dying to start multiple needlerolls, a scissor fob, either (or both - HAH!) of the Just Nan charts I purchased, any of the Tall Guys I have all kitted up (yes, I actually kitted up ALL of them...*thud*), anything on the 40-count linen I bought to try for the very first time, anything over one (again, for the first time), and so much more. *sigh* So far, I have been strong and have promised myself I won't start anything new until I knock out one of the WIPs I already have going. We'll see how strong I remain when my beloved fabric arrives. Aaaaaaaargh, help meeeeeee!

Today, I finished a little snowman for 123 board member's son. It was BC's Snowman Flatbed Zippie chart but I stitched it on 28-count Jobelan over two. I won this pattern in a contest at 123 a few weeks ago so I guess it was meant to be that I stitch it, right? It turned out really cute but when I framed it, somehow it was off 4 stitches too close to the left and 3 stitches too high from the bottom. *sigh* It ate at me and ate at me and ate at me. I couldn't change it or add more stitches because I had already put the dang thing on some of that self-stitck mounting board and put it in the 3.5" X 5" frame. Finally, I called my mother and she suggested that I add a few snowflakes as embellishments or something to even it up. Bingo! I did just that it even Brad and the kids said it looks great. :) Heck, it's for a 5-yr-old boy so it's not like he's gonna care but his mother is a stitcher and might post pictures at 123. *gasp!* I HAD to make it look better and hope it's acceptable to whoever might see it. (No, this project didn't count as one of my WIPs so I can't count it as something knocked out in order to start something new.) :(

Geez, have I rambled enough? *rolling eyes* Congrats if you made it this far. I promise to post pictures...eventually. :) Maybe that'll spruce things up around here. Someday I hope to have a better background, too. Crap -- that just added more stuff on my to-do list. ;-)

Happy stitching and be nice to people, especially me while I'm an aspiring non-smoker next week. LOL!!!

No comments: