Thursday, August 9, 2007

Stash shopping! Woo hoo!

Brad and I drove to Kansas today. On the way, we went through Oklahoma City and HAD to stop at Cross Stitch Haven. (I swear I have the best husband in the world!) We also shopped at Hobby Lobby even though they've downsized the cross stitch so much that it's depressing. But anyway, I got 22 skeins of DMC at Hobby Lobby and several frames. The DMC were 5 for $1.00 and the frames were half off. Can't beat that!

Here's my list from Cross Stitch Haven:
1. 32 skeins of Anchor floss
2. 3 spools of Kreinik
3. 1 DMC metallic
4. 2 DMC Perle Cottons
5. A Debbie Mumm needle magnet shaped like a heart. (I've become a magnet junkie on top of being a fabric junkie and a scissor ho', too.) LMAO!
6. Jobelan 28 count hand-dyed "Summer Sky" 18X7 (perfect for my beloved snowmen!)
7. Misty Blue Cashel for Just Nan's "Icy Hill" (already own the pattern -- hee hee)
8. A little snowman Mill Hill kit. It's supposed to be a pin but I will use it as an ornament.
9. JBW Designs chart "A Very Merry Christmas"
10. Redbird Designs ornament pattern with a brown cowboy hat -- dunno why but I loved it.
11. 2 package of John James petites, size 26
12. Just Nan chart "Making Friends" (I will stitch this on blue fabric, not sand like the model)
13. Just Nan chart " Needle In A Garden"

That's it! Wowee, I am soooooo happy! On top of that, tonight we were looking through the local phone book of the hotel we're in and we found several stitching shops nearby. We will most likely end up at least one of them tomorrow. (Er, later today.) See? I have the best husband in the world!

Oh!!! I almost forgot! Brad made a really funny stitching joke today. Well, funny to me. LOL! We were in the LNS and their DMC was priced at 60 cents per skein - the same as Anchor! Geez! So he turns to me and quietly says, "Gosh! At that price, the floss should come installed!" BAHhahahahaha!

Another funny thing happened at the LNS...most of us know that saying: "She who dies with the most stash wins." Well, the owner of the LNS and her sister said, "She who dies with the most stash didn't stitch fast enough." I know it could be a tasteless joke under certain circumstances but I was in quite the silly mood today (as usual) so it was hilarious to me.

I came back to edit this post because I forgot to say that I've been approved for the RingSurf group "Stitching Bloggers". It's just a ring of stitchers who blog but I think it's cool that you can surf from blog to blog of mostly stitching stuff. The link is at the bottom of this page if anyone else is interested in applying and submitting their blog for approval.

Well, it's time to get some sleep. We plan on being Kansas City tourists tomorrow and then the Pat Green/Sugarland/Kenny Chesney concert starts at 7 PM. It's gonna be a long day. Extremely fun, but long. :)

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

First of all, I'm soooo jealous of your shopping trip! And the joke is hilarious. Second, I thought you'd like to know I clicked on "next" on the Ringsurf button on my OWN blog, and it went right to yours. Cool!

LoriRay said...

Yes, very cool! :) If I am "next" on your blog, does that mean you'll be "previous" on mine? (hahahaha) I'll have to go find your blog, too. :)

Thanks for the comments and for letting me know I'm not the only one who found that joke hysterical. Love it!

Rachel S-H said...

I think their saying would be a cute little sampler. Not for the faint of heart though.