Thursday, December 11, 2008

The dreaded rooster is finished!

And there he is! I am so glad he is done. Stoney Creek's attention to detail could make a pile of dog poop look beautiful but man oh man, their designs can sure be a pain to stitch! It's especially hard to stitck with something you don't care for and I do not care for roosters.

Now that I've got all my "have to" stitching done for the year, I worked on my Stoney Creek "Break Time" tractor WIP this evening. (One would think I've had enough Stoney Creek to last me for a while but noooooooo, I'm a glutton!) I only got about an hour's worth of stitching done on that WIP so I figured it wasn't worth the trouble of pulling it out of the Q-snaps, taking a picture, blah blah blah. Gimme a few days.

I still haven't uploaded my home pictures to the Photobucket album yet. *bad LoriRay* Maybe this weekend or next week. We're due to get some nasty winter weather between Monday and Thursday - perhaps all four days! - so I might be iced in next week. Not a huge deal if that's the case because I'll go grocery shopping tomorrow and Brad is going to cut us more firewood on Saturday. If we have no electricity it'll be no biggie -- we have two generators that can power our TV for Brad, TV/games for the boys, my stitching light for me, and our refrigerator. The fireplace will keep us warm and give us somewhere to heat soup since our stove is electric. Anyway, I'd rather have snow so I'm putting my vote in now to Mother Nature -- make it SNOW, not ICE!

Hope everyone has had a great week so far. I really like the feedback/comments and visiting your blogs, too. It's amazing how so many of us have never met, yet we seem to have to so much in common. :)

Happy stitching!

8 comments:

Robin said...

Congrats on your rooster finish and I just have to add I LOVE roosters! Happy Holidays my friend and stay warm.

imnverted said...

Congrats on your finish! he looks great :o)

Cindy F. said...

~~HAPPY DANCE~~ and Congrats!! The rooster looks fantastic! Good job:)

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on your finish!

TinaTx said...

Congrats on the finish! Those SC charts are something - but they look good when finished!

Mistylynn said...

Congrats on your finish LoriRay. Your grandmother is going to love this.

Lynn said...

Hey LoriRay, haven't "seen" you around since I ah "left" excess.
I was happy to see you were sill a doing great with the no smoking.
I have added you to ons to watch on my blog.
Keepin my eye on you!!

Anonymous said...

oooh I love your rooster, well done!

Lori