Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oooooooooh, irises!!!

My most favorite flowers in the whole entire world are irises, especially purple ones. Little did I know that the house we moved into a couple of months ago had them planted already. Here is a picture from our front flower bed:

I can't wait to see more of them in bloom. More pictures will surely follow soon!
Today, I went to the fabric store and bought some fabric to make a flat-fold with my "Love Letters" piece. I've never made a flat-fold before, so may the force be with me!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

So pretty I am a fan of them also.Growing up we had a whole mess of them in our garden.
My mother loved to garden. They are beautiful!
Natasha

Lainey said...

Pretty flowers LoriRay, I just love anything purple.
Look forward to seeing your flat fold, I really struggle with my finishes.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Hugs
Lainey

kimmyr said...

Mine are crocus. Isn't that first bloom of the year wonderful? :)

Stitcher said...

I was wondering how you have Iris blooms already but I just figured out where you're at from your profile so that makes sense! Your Iris are very pretty and it's a bonus that they were there when you moved in. I have some Iris but they don't do well for some reason. I think it's the dreaded Iris borer and the little holes are a tell tale sign. I move next month so hopefully I can grow them nice like yours at my next property. We'll see!

Erynne in Ontario